Whenever we want to create something new in our life, it is the small, consistent actions that add up to sustainable change and manifestation. For example, if you criticize yourself for failing to live up to an imagined standard of perfection, you are only perpetuating a feeling of negativity and anxiety. For me, the major steps I take toward positive change happen slowly, over time. It is a gradual, organic process that cannot be rushed. If I fall into the trap of self-criticism and negative thinking, I am only undermining my progress. I have to remember to be mindful and aware of my actions, thoughts, and emotions, while also being gentle and honest with myself.
If you want to create an upward spiral of inspired, positive change that brings more joy, creativity, and playfulness into your life, all you need to do is decide to be happy now. Not in the future when everything is perfect, or when you have a loving relationship or a new career. There is not going to be an external event or situation that will bring you perpetual satisfaction because everything is in a constant state of change. However, you do have control over your thoughts and feelings. When you dig deep and get honest with yourself, you begin to awaken to the eternal truth that nothing outside of yourself will ever make you satisfied forever.
To be happy, in any situation, is a conscious decision to shift from thoughts of fear and anxiety to positive feelings of creativity, fun, harmony, compassion, gratitude, and playfulness. We cultivate these loving feelings from an open heart space because we know the truth that we deserve to be happy now. And we continue to make the conscious decision to move in the direction of what makes us feel the greatest joy, the greatest feelings of openness, compassion, and expansion. It is a continual process that demands our present moment awareness and mindfulness of our internal state.
Choose to Create an Upward Spiral.
– Get clear about your thoughts, desires, and intentions. How can you create more joy and bliss in your day to day life? What makes you laugh, play, and lose track of time?
– Move in the direction of your bliss by taking more time for those things that create positive feelings. A walk in nature, an hour at the gym, a nap, or cuddling with your loved one can shift your emotions in alignment with love.
– Make an action plan to consistently take time for your own self-love, care, and healing. Think of this as non-negotiable time to give back to yourself and recharge your energy. Put it into your schedule, and know that it is not selfish to indulge in your well-being.
– Use small actions to bring more love into your life and open your heart to receiving more abundance, peace, and feelings of joy.
– Know that you deserve to feel happy now.